Currently, China is the largest producer of pork in the world. Its output has come up to 53.5 million tonnes in 2012 with a CAGR of 2.28% during 2005-2012, accounting for around 48.0% of world’s output. Meanwhile, pork is the most popular meat in China, whose output share is about 65.0% in the total meat. This is closely related to the production of swine, which is quite important in China.
The same as the production situation of pork, the slaughter amount of swine keeps growing during 2006-2012 on a whole, from 612 million head to 696 million head. But the number has changed a little during these years due to the industry feature of China’s swine breeding industry. What’s the special industry features of swine breeding in China? And what’s the production situation of swine in China? What’s the future trend of swine breeding industry in China? Are there any investment opportunities in swine breeding industry in China? All these are elaborated in the report.
Meanwhile, China is also the largest consumer of pork in the world. Domestic consumption volume of pork is 53.81 million tonnes in 2012, increasing by 4.87 million tonnes than that in 2009, with a CAGR of 3.21%. But domestic output of pork can not fully meet the demand from the market: China imports some pork from all over the world. In the future, is there more development space for foreign countries to export pork to China? What categories of pork do Chinese consumers like? And what are consumers’ habits and their new changes? The report presents the consumption situation of pork in China from all the above aspects.
As an important link to joint swine breeding and pork consumption, China’s slaughter and meat processing industry has witnessed development and new changes as well as new characteristics over the years. This report shows detailed situation of slaughter and meat processing industry and promising pork products in China in order to find out more development opportunities.
Moreover, the upstream industries of swine breeding, import and export of pork and value chain analysis of swine breeding are also important parts of the report, which help readers to better figure out the overall situation of swine breeding in China.
In order to reveal the current situation of swine breeding industry and its related industries in China, CCM has carried out deep investigations through diverse channels, such as governments, experts, third parties and others. Eventually, the findings are presented based on CCM’s insights. The highlights are as follows:
- Development environment of swine breeding industry (mainly policies)
- Status of key upstream industries of China’s swine breeding industry (feed industry and veterinary drug industry)
- Swine breeding situation in China (general situation, geographical distribution and scale, swine breeding model, technology, cost and profit, price, key swine breeding enterprises)
- Slaughter and pork processing in China (production situation, category, mechanization level, production scale, promising pork category)
- Import and Export of pork in China
- Value chain of China’s swine breeding industry
- Consumption situation of pork in China (consumption habit, volume, geographical distribution, per capita consumption, price, future trend)
- Forecast on development trend of China’s swine breeding industry
- Investment analysis on China’s swine breeding industry