For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
This study on the monetisation of 4G and 5G first examines how 4G is currently monetised by MNOs given that this is a key challenge for the industry as a whole.
It then explores in depth the paths to monetising 5G and how to avoid the traps and pitfalls encountered with 4G.
The study gives views on the new business models and value chains that are likely to be created by 5G.
Finally, it analyses three scenarios for 5G monetisation.
Geographic area & Players
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- China Mobile
- Deutsche Telekom
- NTT DOCOMO
- SK Telecom
- Telecom Italia
- Segmentation criteria have changed
- Volume-tiered pricing still the mainstream
- Unlimited offerings are still a hot topic
- Bitrate segmentation still emerging
- Content discrimination as a new criterion
5G specificities, trials and opportunities
How could 5G could help to remove LTE models?
- The virtuous circle of higher investment for better QoS and EBITDA margins
- Performance objectives for 5G and associated use cases
- Key 5G technological components
- Benefits of network slicing and virtualisation
- 5G opportunities
- Status of 5G trials worldwide, to date
From the MNOs’ perspective
Scenarios for prosperity through 5G monetisation
- Three scenarios for 5G monetisation, from MNO perspective
- LTE market forecasts: 4.7 billion LTE subs at YE 2020 / >730 billion EUR
- 5G forecasts: 1.7 billion subs at YE 2025 / >200 billion EUR