For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Thick Film Resistors market for 2018-2023.
Thin and thick film resistors are the most common types in the market. They are characterized by a resistive layer on a ceramic base. Although their appearance might be very similar, their properties and manufacturing process are very different. The naming originates from the different layer thicknesses. Thin film has a thickness in the order of 0.1 micrometer or smaller, while thick film is around thousands time thicker. However, the main difference is method the resistive film is applied onto the substrate. Thin film resistors have a metallic film that is vacuum deposited on an insulating substrate. Thick film resistors are produced by firing a special paste onto the substrate. The paste is a mixture of glass and metal oxides. Thin film is more accurate, has a better temperature coefficient and is more stable. It therefore competes with other technologies that feature high precision, such as wire wound or bulk metal foil. On the other hand, thick film is preferred for applications where these high requirements are not critical since prices are much lower. This report studies the Thick Film Resistors market.
In this study, the market for Thick Film Resistors consumption divided into six geographic regions: In North America, total Thick Film Resistors accounted for 6.84 %. In the Europe, total Thick Film Resistors accounted for 10.82 %. The market in China Thick Film Resistors accounted for 45.07 %, in Southeast Asia 14.68%, in Japan 8.23%, in Asia Others region 9.36% and in global other region 4.99 %. Among all regions, China is estimated to represent the highest share due to a lot of ODM and EMS players there.
On the basis of product type, they come usually as chip resistor (SMD), and have the lowest cost compared to through hole technology. The SMD type segment is projected to account for the largest volume share during the forecast period; this segment was estimated to account for 92.27 % market share in 2017.
In the applications, the consumer electronics and telecommunications segment were estimated to account for the highest volume share of 67.86 % in 2017. Thick film resistors have a wide range of applications and are indispensable parts of the consumer electronics, communications, automotive, industrial, medical, and energy industries. Thus, manufactures are very optimistic about the industry's prospects. Although the recent market price is relatively turbulent, it is believed that manufacturers will soon regulate the stability of the market and make the thick film resistors develop steadily.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Thick Film Resistors will register a 3.9% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 1280 million by 2023, from US$ 1010 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Thick Film Resistors market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- SMD Type
- Through Hole Type
Segmentation by application:
- Consumer Electronics
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Ta-I Technology Co., Ltd
- Ralec Electronics Corp.
- Walsin Technology Corporation
- Fenghua Advanced Technology
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics
- Uni Ohm
- Rohm Co., Ltd.
- Tateyama Kagaku Industry Co., Ltd.
- Elektronische Bauelemente GmbH (EBG)
- Ever Ohms Technology Co., Ltd.
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Thick Film Resistors consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Thick Film Resistors market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Thick Film Resistors manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Thick Film Resistors with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Thick Film Resistors submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.