For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Superconductor market for 2018-2023.
Superconductor is a material that can conduct electricity or transport electrons from one atom to another with no resistance. This means no heat, sound or any other form of energy would be released from the material when it has reached "critical temperature" (Tc), or the temperature at which the material becomes superconductive. However, most materials must be in an extremely low energy state (very cold) in order to become superconductive.
Superconductor production has high technology barrier and is technology intensive industry. Currently, there are several producing companies in the world superconductor industry. The main market players are Luvata, Oxford, Bruker, AMSC, SuperPower and JASTEC. The production of superconductor will increase to 393704 Km in 2016 from 258537 Km in 2011 with an average growth rate of about 8.80%. Global superconductor capacity utilization rate remained at around 66.44% in 2015.
In consumption market, the global sales value increases with the 8.50% average growth rate. Europe and USA are the mainly consumption regions due to the bigger demand of downstream applications.
Superconductor has two types, which include low temperature superconductor and high temperature superconductor. And each type has application industries relatively. With the energy conservation advantage of superconductor, the downstream application industries will need more superconductor products. So, superconductor has a huge market potential in the future. Manufacturers engaged in the industry are trying to produce high temperature superconductor through researching advanced materials and technology.
The major raw materials for superconductor are titanium metal, bismuth metal, yttrium metal, etc. Fluctuations in the price of the upstream product will impact on the production cost of superconductor, and then impact the price of Superconductor.
We tend to believe this industry is a rising industry, and the consumption increasing degree will show a smooth growth curve. And the price presents fluctuation trend according to the economy development status. Also, there will be fluctuation in gross margin.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Superconductor will register a 0.6% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 1730 million by 2023, from US$ 1680 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Superconductor market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
Segmentation by application:
- Electrical Equipment
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Western Superconducting
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Superconductor consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Superconductor market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Superconductor manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Superconductor with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Superconductor submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.