For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices market for 2018-2023.
A Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS) or Dorsal Column Stimulator (DCS) is a type of implantable neuromodulation device (sometimes called a "pain pacemaker") that is used to send electrical signals to select areas of the spinal cord (dorsal columns) for the treatment of certain pain conditions. SCS is a consideration for people who have a pain condition that has not responded to more conservative therapy.
The classification of spinal cord stimulation devices includes rechargeable type and Non-Rechargeable type. The proportion of rechargeable type in 2017 is about 66%, and the proportion is in increasing trend from 2013 to 2017.
Spinal cord stimulation devices is widely used in failed back surgery syndrome, complex regional pain syndrome, chronic pain and other field. The most proportion of spinal cord stimulation devices is for failed back surgery syndrome, and the proportion in 2017 is 42%.
North America is the largest supplier of Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices, with a production market share nearly 87% in 2017. Europe is the second largest supplier of Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices, enjoying production market share nearly 13% in 2017.
North America is the largest consumption place, with a consumption market share nearly 57% in 2017. Following North America, Europe is the second largest consumption place with the consumption market share of 24%.
Market competition is intense. Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Abbott (St. Jude Medical), Nevro,
Nuvectra are the leaders of the industry. and Top 3 account for around 78% of the total market share. These existing companies are making investments in several research activities to launch new devices.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices will register a 5.6% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 2980 million by 2023, from US$ 2150 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
Segmentation by application:
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Pain
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Boston Scientific
- Abbott (St. Jude Medical)
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.