For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Sn-2 Palmitate market for 2018-2023.
The palmitic acid in human milk is positioned in a very unique way to the second (middle) position of the glycerol back bone also known as sn-2 position (figure 2). In human milk, approximately 70-75% of the palmitic acids is esterified to the sn2 position of the triglyceride (sn2 palmitate). In contrast, vegetable oils only have about 8-10% of their palmitic acid attached to sn2. This special preferential positioning is even more significant knowing that it is conserved in all women, regardless of their ethnic origin or nutrition. That's Sn-2 Palmitate.
Since more and more advantages of Sn-2 Palmitate have been discovered, consumers of infant formula with Sn-2 Palmitate keep increasing.
The Sn-2 Palmitate industry is highly concentrated as there are just three companies engaged in the industry, Advanced Lipids, IOI Loders Croklaan, Zhejiang Beijia.
As for the consumption, Sn-2 Palmitate manufacturers mainly target at Europe, China, Oceania, where the infant formula industry is concentrated. Europe is the largest consumer with 50.63% share in 2016. USA is the follower with 2179 MT being consumed.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Sn-2 Palmitate will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Sn-2 Palmitate market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Food Grade
Segmentation by application:
- Infant Formula(0-6 Months)
- Infant Formula(6-12 Months)
- Infant Formula(12-36 Months)
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Advanced Lipids
- IOI Loders Croklaan
- Zhejiang Beijia
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Sn-2 Palmitate consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Sn-2 Palmitate market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Sn-2 Palmitate manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Sn-2 Palmitate with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Sn-2 Palmitate submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.