For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global SiC Substrates market for 2018-2023.
Silicon carbide (SiC), also known as carborundum, is a compound of silicon and carbon with chemical formula SiC. Silicon carbide is a semiconductor, which can be doped n-type by nitrogen or phosphorus and p-type by beryllium, boron, aluminium, or gallium. Metallic conductivity has been achieved by heavy doping with boron, aluminium or nitrogen.SiC Substrates is a semiconductor material with unique electrical properties and excellent thermal properties , compared to silicon wafer and gallium arsenide wafer , SiC is more suitable for high temperatureand high power device .SiC Substrates can be supplied in diameter 2 inch , both 4-H or 6-H polytype N-type , Nitrogent doped , and Si face polished. It can be used in GaN epitaxy device, Optoelectronic device, High frequency device, High power device, High temperature device, Light emitting diodes.
Currently, the global SiC wafer market is expensive, but still in short supply, high raw material costs 40 percent more than the price of silicon carbide semiconductor device, silicon carbide wafer price has become the bottleneck of the third-generation semiconductor industry. Thus, using the most advanced SiC crystal growth technology to achieve large-scale production, reduce production costs of silicon carbide wafers, will promote the rapid development of the third generation of the semiconductor industry, expanding market demand.
With SiC crystal growth and device fabrication technology to further improve the technology. The next few years a variety of SiC power electronic devices will get greater improvements in yield, reliability and price. To enter the stage of full promotion applications. This is likely to lead to a new power electronics technology revolution. Thus, the birth and development of SiC power electronic devices is a revolutionary progress in power electronics technology
The main application areas of silicon carbide wafers with LED solid-state lighting and high-frequency devices, the future of mobile phones and laptop backlight market will provide tremendous growth in demand for silicon carbide
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that SiC Substrates will register a 15.8% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 350 million by 2023, from US$ 170 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of SiC Substrates market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Semi-insulating SiC Substrates
- Conductive SiC Substrates
Segmentation by application:
- IT & Consumer
- LED lighting
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Cree (Wolfspeed)
- ROHM (sicrystal)
- II-VI Advanced Materials
- Dow Corning
- SICC Materials Co., Ltd
- TankeBlue Semiconductor
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global SiC Substrates consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of SiC Substrates market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global SiC Substrates manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the SiC Substrates with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of SiC Substrates submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.