For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Semiconductor Inspection Equipment market for 2018-2023.
Semiconductor inspection equipment refers to the machines and systems used for the inspection of products during the process of semiconductor production to find out defects; the equipment is also used for R&D purposes.
The market of semiconductor inspection equipment is affected by the semiconductor market development situation. Over the past decades, there has been an increasing demand for the application of semiconductor ICs in segments such as consumer electronics, automobiles, and industrial sector that is prompting the vendors to raise its production, which will increase the demand for semiconductor inspection equipment.
The semiconductor inspection equipment market is quite concentrated, with the top three vendors KLA-Tencor, Hitachi High-Technologies and Applied Materials dominate more than 60% of the industry total revenue. But the market competition is also quite fierce, as there are more than ten smaller enterprises competing in the market.
Wafer inspection is the largest application of semiconductor inspection equipment, which holds more than 70% of the industry total value. Package and chip inspection are also important application of semiconductor inspection equipment.
Although sales of semiconductor inspection equipment may bring a lot of opportunities; for the new entrants with only advantage in capital but without sufficient support in technology and downstream channels, the research group did not recommend taking risk to enter this market.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Semiconductor Inspection Equipment will register a 7.9% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 5300 million by 2023, from US$ 3360 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Semiconductor Inspection Equipment market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Optical Inspection Equipment
- E-Beam Inspection Equipment
Segmentation by application:
- Wafer Inspection
- Package Inspection
- Chip Inspection
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Hitachi High-Technologies
- Applied Materials
- Rudolph Technologies
- Hermes Microvision
- Ueno Seiki
- SCREEN Semiconductor Solutions
- Nikon Metrology
- Toray Engineering
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Semiconductor Inspection Equipment consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Semiconductor Inspection Equipment market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Semiconductor Inspection Equipment manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Semiconductor Inspection Equipment with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Semiconductor Inspection Equipment submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.