For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Semiconductor Automated Test Equipment (ATE) market for 2018-2023.
Semiconductor automated test equipment (ATE) consists of a variety of instruments or cards for testing memory, digital, and mixed-signal at the wafer and Packaged stages, and single-chip system (SoC) components that are also in the wafer and Packaged stages.
At present, in the foreign industrial developed countries the semiconductor automated test equipment (ATE) industry is generally at a more advanced level, the world's large enterprises are mainly concentrated in Americas and Japan. Meanwhile, foreign companies have more advanced equipment, strong R & D capability, the technical level is in a leading position.
The market size of semiconductor automatic test equipment is expected to grow due to the growing SoC system and the surge in demand for consumer electronics products. In a rapidly changing market environment, device performance continues to challenge the limits of ATE system functionality. Especially nowadays, the increase of analog and mixed-signal ICs has made ATE equipment originally used for testing pure digital ICs unable to meet new test requirements. The elimination of test equipment has accelerated and the test cost has increased.
The global semiconductor industry has the characteristics of cyclical development of technology and cyclical fluctuations in the market. Although the global semiconductor industry has gradually entered a stage of mature development in recent years, industry fluctuations have narrowed and cyclicality has become weaker and weaker, but there are still cyclical fluctuations inherent in the industry, with the cyclical changes in the semiconductor industry, corresponding Semiconductor automatic test equipment is affected by its cyclical changes.
The expansion of wireless networks in developing countries and the development of semiconductor manufacturing processes are expected to provide multiple market growth opportunities in the future. These devices offer advantages such as reduced costs, improved operator ergonomics, test repeatability, and improved product quality. In addition, ATE is capable of testing with minimal human intervention and is a viable option for high volume testing. The demand for automatic test equipment is mainly due to increased unit production of semiconductor devices, complexity and performance levels of devices used in multiple electronic products, and the emergence of semiconductor device technologies.
Teradyne, Advantest and LTX-Credence (Xcerra) captured the top three production value share spots in the semiconductor automated test equipment (ATE) market in 2017. Teradyne dominated with 38.38% production value share, followed by Advantest with 33.96% production value share and LTX-Credence (Xcerra) with 8.15% production value share.
As downstream demand grows and technical barriers become less, there will be a huge market space for Semiconductor Automated Test Equipment (ATE). To grab more market, the little companies have to expand the technology, capital investment and brand influence. To meet the challenge of little companies and keep their leading stage, leading companies need to increase the technology innovation and speed up the product upgrading. In the future, Semiconductor Automated Test Equipment (ATE) market will still be a market of fierce competition.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Semiconductor Automated Test Equipment (ATE) will register a 3.2% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 4210 million by 2023, from US$ 3480 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Semiconductor Automated Test Equipment (ATE) market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Wafer ATE
- Packaged Device ATE
Segmentation by application:
- Automotive Electronics
- Consumer Electronics
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Semiconductor Automated Test Equipment (ATE) consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Semiconductor Automated Test Equipment (ATE) market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Semiconductor Automated Test Equipment (ATE) manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Semiconductor Automated Test Equipment (ATE) with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Semiconductor Automated Test Equipment (ATE) submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.