For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global PVDC market for 2018-2023.
Polyvinylidene Chloride (Abbreviation: PVDC) is a homopolymer of vinylidene chloride. It is a remarkable barrier against water, oxygen and aromas. It has a superior chemical resistance to alkalies and acids, is insoluble in oil and organic solvents, has very low moisture regain and is impervious to mold, bacteria, and insects. But it is soluble in polar solvents.
Currently, there are several producing companies in the world PVDC industry. The main players are SK (Dow), Kureha, Solvay, Asahi Kasei and Juhua Group. The global sales of PVDC increases to 202412 MT in 2017 from 165095 MT in 2012 with average growth rate of 4.17%.
In consumption market, USA and China are the mainly consumption regions due to the bigger demand of downstream applications. In 2016, these two regions occupied 60.12% of the global consumption volume in total.
PVDC has two forms, which include PVDC resins and PVDC latex. And each type has different applications relatively with different properties. With advantages of PVDC, the downstream application industries will need more PVDC products. So, PVDC has a huge market potential in the future.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that PVDC will register a 3.2% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 900 million by 2023, from US$ 750 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of PVDC market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- PVDC Resins
- PVDC Latex
Segmentation by application:
- Food Packaging and Wrap
- Pharmaceuticals Packaging
- Unit Packaging for Hygiene and Cosmetic Products
- Sterilized Medical Packaging
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- SK (Dow)
- Asahi Kasei
- Juhua Group
- Nantong SKT
- Keguan Polymer
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global PVDC consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of PVDC market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global PVDC manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the PVDC with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of PVDC submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.