For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Propolis market for 2018-2023.
Propolis is a resinous substance collected from the buds of certain trees by bees and used as a cement or sealant in the construction of their hives.
The raw and unprocessed propolis commonly consists of roughly 55 percent resinous compounds and balsam, 30 percent beeswax, 10 percent ethereal and aromatic oils, and 5 percent bee pollen. Its constituents and color, ranging from golden brown to reddish to almost black, depends on the tree source of collection, the most common being dark brown. Propolis is sticky at and above room temperature, 20 °C (68 °F). At lower temperatures, it becomes hard and very brittle.
Until now, over 200 chemical compounds have already been identified in the propolis including flavonoids, terpenoids, aldehydes, aromatic acids, aliphatic alcohols and ethers, amino acids, sugars etc. Propolis is widely used in the food industry, cosmetic industry and pharmaceutical industry etc.
Now entering the industry standard is relatively low, which causing the low industry concentration, and a large number of smaller manufacturers.
China is the largest consumption region, with an average consumption growth rate of 11.52% from 2011 to 2016. Brazil, who is also a major production region, is the second consumption region, whose consumption market share is estimated to be 6.66% in 2016. In the next five years, the global consumption of propolis will maintain a 3.50% annual growth rate, consumption is expected to be 2867 Tonnes in 2021.
Along with the development of Chinese domestic propolis, Chinese domestic propolis has been mature and advanced, and the performance distance has been shortening compared with the imported propolis. In addition, the counterfeiting phenomenon is a very serious in China. The country is committed to eliminating illegal processing.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Propolis will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Propolis market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Supercritical Extraction CO2 (SFE)
- Ethanol Extracted Propolis (EEP)
- Glycol Extracted Propolis (GEP)
Segmentation by application:
- Food Industry
- Cosmetic Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Apis Flora
- Wax Green
- MN Propolis
- King's Gel
- Manuka Health New Zealand
- Zhonghong Biological
- Jiangshan Hengliang
- Health & Love
- Jiangsu Rigao Bee Products
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Propolis consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Propolis market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Propolis manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Propolis with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Propolis submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.