For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Polyhydroxyalkanoates(PHAs) market for 2018-2023.
Polyhydroxyalkanoates(PHAs) are naturally-occurring polymers produced by bacteria. A variety of bacterial species produce PHAs by fermenting biomass under nutrient-limiting conditions. These water-insoluble storage polymers are biodegradable, exhibit thermoplastic properties and can be produced from renewable carbon sources found in plants. The thermoplastic properties, biodegradability and biocompatibility make these renewable materials suitable for several applications in packaging industry, medicine, pharmacy, agriculture and food industry.
The accumulation of petrochemical plastic waste in the environment is an increasing problem. In order to find alternative materials, researchers have developed fully biodegradable plastics, such as polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs). However, the commercial success of PHAs bioplastics is still hampered by their high production costs, poor material properties and processability when compared to the well-established oil-based materials. Low cost production processes are still in the developmental stage. PHAs market is at its initial stage of technology cycle and not yet achieved economies of scale. Most manufacturers may have high capacity but low production.
China is the dominate producer of PHAs, the production is 12750 MT in 2015, according for about 50.42% of the total amount, followed by America, with the production market share of 19.43%.
GreenBio Materials, Shenzhen Ecomann Technology, MHG, P&G Chemicals, Metabolix occupy the majority of PHAs market, among which GreenBio Materials had the largest market share of about 23.01% for production in 2015.The top five companies occupied about 69.03% share of the market in 2015.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Polyhydroxyalkanoates(PHAs) will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Polyhydroxyalkanoates(PHAs) market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
Segmentation by application:
- Food Services
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- GreenBio Materials
- Shenzhen Ecomann Technology
- P&G Chemicals
- Tian'an Biopolymer
- Newlight Technologies
- PHB Industrial
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Polyhydroxyalkanoates(PHAs) consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Polyhydroxyalkanoates(PHAs) market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Polyhydroxyalkanoates(PHAs) manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Polyhydroxyalkanoates(PHAs) with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Polyhydroxyalkanoates(PHAs) submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.