For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PETG) market for 2018-2023.
Polyethylene terephthalate glycol (PETG) is a high-impact material produced from thermoplastic co-polyester which provides remarkable clarity and light transmission with high gloss in addition to impact resistance at low temperatures. PETG is used in a variety of packaging, industrial and medical applications.
The term copolyester defines thermoplastic saturated polyester whose synthesis uses more than one glycol and/or more than one dibasic acid. The main ones are PCTA copolyester and PETG copolyester. Unlike PCTA, which is acid-modified, PETG can be made by combining cyclohexane dimethanol (CHDM) with PTA and ethylene glycol, resulting in a glycol-modified polyester.
According to the manufacturing process, PETG can be mainly divided into three categories: extruded grade PETG, injection molding grade PETG and blow molding grade PETG, of which each has been widely used in certain fields. In 2017, demand from Food & Beverage field accounted for the largest consumption share, which held 37.75% market.
Eastman has three manufacturing sites to produce PETG: USA plant mainly offers PETG to North America, UK plant caters for European PETG demands while Malaysia plant offers PETG primarily for Asian region. Besides, PETG major customers of SK Chemical come from Japan, China and so on.
We tend to believe that this industry still has a bright future, considering the current demand. As for product prices, the slow downward trend in recent years will continue in the next few years, since competition intensifies gradually and more companies have intention to enter into the industry.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PETG) will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PETG) market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Extruded Grade
- Injection Molding Grade
- Blow Molding Grade
Segmentation by application:
- Food & Beverage
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- SK Chemical
- Liaoyang Petrochemical
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PETG) consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PETG) market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PETG) manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PETG) with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PETG) submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.