For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Plastic Gears market for 2018-2023.
Plastic gears have positioned themselves as serious alternatives to traditional metal gears in a wide variety of applications. The use of plastic gears has expanded from low power, precision motion transmission into more demanding power transmission applications. As designers push the limits of acceptable plastic gear applications, more is learned about the behavior of plastics in gearing and how to take advantage of their unique characteristics.
Plastic gears provide a number of advantages over metal gears. They have less weight, lower inertia, and run much quieter than their metal counterparts. Plastic gears often require no lubrication or can be compounded with internal lubricants such as PTFE or silicone. Plastic gears usually have a lower unit cost than metal gears, and can be designed to incorporate other features needed in the assembly (part consolidation). These gears are also resistant to many corrosive environments.
The first use of thermoplastic gears undoubtedly consisted of neat nylon and acetal gears carrying low loads at low speeds. As the advantages of using thermoplastic gears became clearer and new, higher performance materials became available, designers began using plastic gears in more demanding applications. The use of reinforcements and internal lubricants compounded into these materials has expanded their use even more.
Plastic gears have positioned themselves as serious alternatives to traditional metal gears in a wide variety of applications. Plastic gears provide a number of advantages over metal gears. They have less weight, lower inertia, and run much quieter than their metal counterparts. The main raw materials of plastic gears include PBT, nylon resin, POM, PET. In recent years, high-performance plastics developed rapidly (PEEK, PPS, FP, LCP, etc.). More and more high-performance plastic is used for plastic gears. However, the price of high-performance plastic is almost ten times the price of ordinary plastic or more. As a result, high-performance plastic gears have a smaller market share. However, high-performance plastic gears will be a direction for market development. Dupont, SABIC, Asahi Kasei, Polyplastics, Teijin, Mitsubishi, BASF, Ticona and LG are the leading producers of raw materials. Dupont has the world's most supply capacity.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Plastic Gears will register a 1.3% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 3310 million by 2023, from US$ 3060 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Plastic Gears market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- POM Plastic Gears
- PBT Plastic Gears
- Nylon Resin Plastic Gears
- PET Plastic Gears
- PC Plastic Gears
- High Performance Plastics Gears
Segmentation by application:
- Automobile Industry
- Electronic and Electrical Appliances
- Industrial Equipment
- Medical Industry
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Winzeler Gear
- AmTech International
- IMS Gear
- Rush Gears
- Creative & Bright Group
- Ningbo Tianlong Electronics
- Ningbo Hago Electronics
- Shuanglin Group
- Kohara Gear Industry
- Santomas Vietnam Joint - Stock Company
- Framo Morat
- Yeh Der Enterprise
- Song Horng Precise Plastic
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Plastic Gears consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Plastic Gears market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Plastic Gears manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Plastic Gears with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Plastic Gears submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.