For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global PIN Diode market for 2018-2023.
A PIN diode is composed of an I-type region separating the P-type and N-type regions. Forward-biasing the diode adjusts the resistivity of the I-type region. Diodes take in power through an anode and release it into a positively-charged area of a semiconductor. A small intrinsic layer separates the positive area from a negative region. The power moves through the intrinsic into the negative and then out through a cathode back into the device.
PIN diodes are offered in discrete packages or integrated into IC processes. The benefit of using an integrated PIN diode for limiter design is the elimination of packaging parasitics, which degrade the receiver's noise performance. PIN diodes are built from an intrinsic (I) region of high resistivity in between a P-type and N-type semiconductor.
A typical diode has a very small intrinsic area. Usually, diodes are composed of two connection terminals connected by a semiconductor. Diodes take in power through an anode and release it into a positively-charged area of a semiconductor. A small intrinsic layer separates the positive area from a negative region. The power moves through the intrinsic into the negative and then out through a cathode back into the device.
M/A-COM, Vishay and Infineon captured the top three revenue share spots in the PIN Diode market in 2016. M/A-COM dominated with 11.61 percent revenue share, followed by Vishay with 9.39 percent revenue share and Infineon with 9.12 percent revenue share.
In the next five years, the global consumption of PIN Diode will show upward tendency further, consumption is expected in 2022 will be 9957 (million Pcs).
The average operating rate will remain at 90% to 95%.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that PIN Diode will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of PIN Diode market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- RF PIN Diode
- PIN Photodiode
- PIN Switch Diode
Segmentation by application:
- RF Switch
- High Voltage Rectifier
- RF Limiters
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- ON Semiconductor
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global PIN Diode consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of PIN Diode market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global PIN Diode manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the PIN Diode with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of PIN Diode submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.