For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Photonic IC market for 2018-2023.
A photonic integrated circuit (PIC) or integrated optical circuit is a device that integrates multiple (at least two) photonic functions and as such is similar to an electronic integrated circuit. The major difference between the two is that a photonic integrated circuit provides functions for information signals imposed on optical wavelengths typically in the visible spectrum or near infrared 850 nm-1650 nm.
On the one hand, today photonic integration is emerging as a new standard for providing cost effective and high-performance miniaturized and optical systems for a wide range of applications. The use of photonic integrated circuits (PICs) enables system designers and manufacturers to unite various optical devices such as modulators, optical amplifiers, lasers, and multiplexers into a single package, thereby making the overall system compact and reduce its cost. As cost is a supremely important factor for both manufacturers and end users, this demand for photonic integrated circuits is expected to see a heightened rise over the coming years.
On the other hand, chip manufacturers all over the world are striving to enhance power efficiency by reducing power consumption and to achieve this, the use of PICs in the circuitry. PICs are increasingly being preferred over optical fiber communication systems. Owing to their benefits such as low power consumption, superior flexibility, and low latency, the application areas of photonic integrated circuits are expected to increase in the future.
The photonic integrated circuits market is still in its nascent stage and thus, with growing prospects in the future, the number of players in the market is likely to increase and this will result in a high level of threat from new entrants in the coming years.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Photonic IC will register a 23.8% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 1800 million by 2023, from US$ 500 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Photonic IC market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Monolithic Integration
- Hybrid Integration
- Module Integration
Segmentation by application:
- Optical Communication
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- JDS Uniphase
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Photonic IC consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Photonic IC market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Photonic IC manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Photonic IC with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Photonic IC submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.