For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Osteoarthritis Pain Drugs market for 2018-2023.
The main role of osteoarthritis pain drugs is to relieve pain, and cannot slow the progress of osteoarthritis, osteoarthritis in the use of two kinds of painkillers:
Painkillers only: Only a simple analgesic effect, but no anti-inflammatory function, such as acetaminophen, tramadol. Acetaminophen side effects, but the analgesic effect is relatively weak, mainly for mild to moderate pain; tramadol analgesic effect is strong, but also side effects are larger, mainly gastrointestinal side effects such as nausea, vomiting and so on.
NSAIDs: With both anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, suitable for inflammatory pain, for the acute phase of osteoarthritis, joint swelling of the patients to relieve symptoms better. These drugs may lead to nausea, vomiting and other gastrointestinal discomfort, but also increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding, so patients with gastro duodenal ulcer in the application of these drugs should consult a digestive physician, plus gastric mucosal protection Drugs or antacid drugs.
Medicines for Osteoarthritis Pain are available as pills, syrups, creams or lotions, or they are injected into a joint.
Osteoarthritis, the most common type of arthritis, is a leading cause of disability. It is a chronic, progressive degenerative joint disease, which is characterized by gradual destruction of the articular cartilage, hypertrophy of the bone margins, and a series of biochemical and morphological changes in the synovial membrane and joint capsule. This results in pain and loss of movement.
The USA osteoarthritis pain drugs market is very concerted market; the revenue of eleven manufacturers accounts about 88% of the total revenue in 2016. The high-end products mainly come from USA and Europe.
The leading manufactures mainly are Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline. Johnson & Johnson is the largest manufacturer; its revenue of USA market exceeds 27% in 2016. The next is Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Osteoarthritis Pain Drugs will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Osteoarthritis Pain Drugs market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
Segmentation by application:
- Medical Care
- Personal Care
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Abbott Laboratories
- Almatica Pharma
- Iroko Pharmaceuticals
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Osteoarthritis Pain Drugs consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Osteoarthritis Pain Drugs market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Osteoarthritis Pain Drugs manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Osteoarthritis Pain Drugs with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Osteoarthritis Pain Drugs submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.