For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Optocouplers market for 2018-2023.
An optocouplers, also called opto-isolator, optical coupler, opto coupler, photocoupler or optocouplers, is a passive optical component that can combine or split transmission data (optical power) from optical fibers. It is an electronic device which is designed to transfer electrical signals by using light waves in order to provide coupling with electrical isolation between its input and output. The main purpose of an optocoupler is to prevent rapidly changing voltages or high voltages on one side of a circuit from distorting transmissions or damaging components on the other side of the circuit.
An optocoupler contains a light source often near an LED which converts electrical input signal into light, a closed optical channel and a photosensor, which detects incoming light and either modulates electric current flowing from an external power supply or generates electric energy directly. The sensor can either be a photoresistor, a silicon-controlled rectifier, a photodiode, a phototransistor or a triac.
The market is driven by various end-user industries, such as Telecommunications, Cable TV, Military and Aerospace, Industrial Motors, Automotive and others (computers and office equipment, plasma displays).
The market for Optocouplers is fragmented with players such as Fairchild, Toshiba, Avago (FIT), Vishay Intertechnology, Renesas, Sharp, ISOCOM, LiteOn, Everlight Electronics, Standex-Meder, Electronics, IXYS Corporation, Kingbright Electronic, NTE Electronics, Plus Opto, etc. The industry is expected to remain innovation-led, with frequent acquisitions and strategic alliances adopted as the key strategies by the players to increase their industry presence. Meanwhile, optimize product mix and further develop value-added capabilities to maximize margins.
The unique characteristics of Optocouplers, together with their growing significance in multi-channel and bi-directional applications, are anticipated to boost sales. Manufacturers can take advantage of this situation by reinforcing their production units and supply-chains to avoid any delay in production turn-around-times (TAT) and supply-lead-times.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Optocouplers will register a 8.3% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 4780 million by 2023, from US$ 2970 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Optocouplers market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Non-linear Optocouplers
- Linear Optocouplers
Segmentation by application:
- Cable TV
- Military and Aerospace
- Industrial Motors
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Avago (FIT)
- Vishay Intertechnology
- Everlight Electronics
- Standex-Meder Electronics
- IXYS Corporation
- Kingbright Electronic
- NTE Electronics
- Plus Opto
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Optocouplers consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Optocouplers market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Optocouplers manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Optocouplers with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Optocouplers submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.