For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Medical Grade Hydrogel market for 2018-2023.
Hydrogel is gel-like or colloidal substances made of water and solids. Hydrogels are highly absorbent (they can contain over 90% water) natural or synthetic polymeric networks. It is widely used in medical fields, industrial fields, consumer goods etc.
Hydrogel is widely used in medical industry, such as hydrogel dressing, DDS, implants etc. Hydrogel dressings have the unique ability to provide additional moisture to the wound which both rehydrates necrotic and sloughy tissue to effect debridement and to absorb certain amounts of wound fluid into themselves.
In the past several years, the global medical grade hydrogel market is relatively stable with CAGR of 6.07% from 2012 to 2016. In 2016, the global actual consumption market of medical grade hydrogel was around 523 Million USD.
Hydrogel is widely used in medical industry, such as hydrogel dressing, DDS, implants etc. Hydrogel dressings have the unique ability to provide additional moisture to the wound which both rehydrates necrotic and sloughy tissue to effect debridement and to absorb certain amounts of wound fluid into themselves. Hydrogel dressing is the largest application of medical grade hydrogel, with market share of 59.28% in 2016. The market of dressing can be classified as wound dressing, burn dressing, etc., among which wound dressing is the main application.
Medical grade hydrogel can be classified as Physical Crosslinked Hydrogels, Radiation Crosslinked Hydrogels and Crosslinking Agent Crosslinked Hydrogels in terms of crosslinking mechanism. Crosslinking Agent Crosslinked Hydrogels is the major kind of medical grade hydrogel but the market of Radiation Crosslinked Hydrogels is growing more popular due to the reduce of cross linker.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Medical Grade Hydrogel will register a 7.4% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 800 million by 2023, from US$ 520 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Medical Grade Hydrogel market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Physical Crosslinked Hydrogels
- Radiation Crosslinked Hydrogels
- Crosslinking Agent Crosslinked Hydrogels
Segmentation by application:
- Hydrogel Dressing
- Drug Delivery Systems (DDS)
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Derma Sciences
- Smith&Nephew United
- Axelgaard, Coloplast
- Paul Hartmann
- Molnlycke Health Care
- NIPRO PATCH
- ESI BIO, Ocular Therapeutix
- SEIKAGAKU CORPORATION
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Medical Grade Hydrogel consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Medical Grade Hydrogel market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Medical Grade Hydrogel manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Medical Grade Hydrogel with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Medical Grade Hydrogel submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.