For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Medical Device Coatings market for 2018-2023.
Medical coatings range from lubrications to anti-microbial liquids to water repellent polymers, and each variety of coating is used on a multitude of devices for many different applications. Medical device coatings can provide excellent properties, such as high lubricating, low friction, superior durability, thus can expand the using range, extend the usable life, and improve the effectiveness of medical devices. It can also ease the patients' pain and reduce treatment risks.
Northeast is the dominate production area of medical device coatings, the production is 144150 kg in 2015, accounting for about 52.83% of the total amount, followed by Midwest, with the production market share of 38.63%. South area has the highest production growth rate of 8.84% from 2011 to 2015.
Leading players in medical device coatings industry are DSM Biomedical, Surmodics, SCS, Biocoat. DSM Biomedical is the largest manufacturer, with the production market share of 38.39% in 2015. The top four companies occupied about 81.08% production share of the market in 2015.
Cardiovascular accounted for the largest market with about 34.78% of the United States medical device coatings consumption volume in 2015. Moreover, it is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3.22% from 2016 to 2021. With over 21.84% volume share in the medical device coatings market, orthopedics was the second largest application market in 2015, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.98%, in terms of consumption, during the forecast period.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Medical Device Coatings will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Medical Device Coatings market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Hydrophilic Coatings
- Antimicrobial Coatings
- Drug Delivery Coatings
Segmentation by application:
- Orthopedic Implants
- Surgical Instruments
- Urology & Gastroenterology
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- DSM Biomedical
- Thermal Spray Technologies
- Harland Medical Systems
- AST Products
- Precision Coating
- Surface Solutions Group
- AdvanSource Biomaterials
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Medical Device Coatings consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Medical Device Coatings market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Medical Device Coatings manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Medical Device Coatings with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Medical Device Coatings submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.