For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Lithium Tantalate Crystal market for 2018-2023.
Lithium tantalate (LiTaO3, LT) crystal is an important ferroelectric material. It has both chemical and mechanical stability as well as a high optical damage threshold. Lithium tantalate exhibits unique electro-optical, pyroelectric and piezoelectric properties combined with good mechanical and chemical stability and wide transparency range and high optical damage threshold. This makes LiTaO3 well-suited for numerous applications including electro-optical modulators, pyroelectric detectors, optical waveguide and SAW substrates, piezoelectric transducers etc.
Lithium tantalate crystal it has excellent piezoelectric electromechanical coupling coefficient, low loss, and high temperature stability, and good high-frequency performance, electro-optical and thermoelectric properties. With the rapid development of communications, information industry development and industrialization of new optoelectronic materials, downstream demand for lithium tantalate crystal keeps increasing.
At present, in developed countries, the lithium tantalate crystal industry is generally at a more advanced level. The world's large enterprises are mainly concentrated in Japan. Meanwhile, foreign companies have more advanced equipment, strong R & D capability, and leading technical level. However, foreign companies' manufacturing cost is relatively higher, compared with Chinese companies. With the development of Chinese lithium tantalate crystal production technology, their share in the international market is increasing, and competitiveness in the international market gradually increases.
Lithium tantalite (LiTaO3) is similar to lithium niobate. Both are grown by the czochralski method which yields large, high quality single crystals. Lithium tantalate possesses unique electro-optical, acoustic, piezoelectric and pyroelectric properties, which makes it attractive for numerous applications including electro-optical modulators, pyroelectric detectors, piezoelectric transducers and sensors. It has good mechanical and chemical stability, a wide transparency range and a high optical damage threshold. With the development of 4G LTE, the demand for saw filter will keep on growing in the future, which will promote the demand for lithium tantalate crystal.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Lithium Tantalate Crystal will register a 2.3% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 190 million by 2023, from US$ 170 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Lithium Tantalate Crystal market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Acoustic Grade
- Optical Grade
Segmentation by application:
- Surface Acoustic Wave
- Piezoelectric Transducers
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Sumitomo Metal Mining
- Shin-Etsu Chemical
- Orient Tantalum Industry
- Oxide Corporation
- Korth Kristalle
- Shanghai Dongcheng Electronic Materials
- United Crystal
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Lithium Tantalate Crystal consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Lithium Tantalate Crystal market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Lithium Tantalate Crystal manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Lithium Tantalate Crystal with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Lithium Tantalate Crystal submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.