For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Lentinan market for 2018-2023.
Lentinan is a beta-glucan (a type of polysaccharide) from the mushroom lentinus edodes (shiitake mushroom). It has been studied in Japan as a treatment for cancer.
As an intravenous biological response modifier, lentinan features potent antitumor effects, remarkably prolonged life, improved life quality and mild side effects. First developed by Japan, lentinan was approved to enter China in 1988. Although the practical use has confirmed lentinan's efficacy, its market size has been limited due to its high price. After entering the 21st century, lentinan has become able to be produced domestically at a relatively low price. Therefore, its market size grows at an increasing rate. Now, China is the dominate producer of lentinan, the production is 84528 Kg in 2015, according for about 67.85% of the total amount, followed by Japan, with the production market share of 15.72%. China also has the highest production growth rate of 6.00% from 2011 to 2015. Even though a huge space for growth in the Chinese market exists, the quality and technology should further improve.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Lentinan will register a 3.7% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 11 million by 2023, from US$ 9 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Lentinan market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Food Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
Segmentation by application:
- Food additive
- Health product field
- Anti-cancer drug
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Panjin Gerun Biotech
- Golden Horizon Biologics
- Acetar Bio-Tech
- Johncan Mushroom Bio-technology
- Xi'an Changyue Phychemistry
- Xi'an Yuansun Biological
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Lentinan consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Lentinan market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Lentinan manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Lentinan with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Lentinan submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.