For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Lactase market for 2018-2023.
Lactase (ß-Galactosidase) is an enzyme capable of hydrolyzing lactose into glucose and galactose. Lactase is commonly used to catalyze the hydrolysis of lactose in the food industry for making lactose reduced/free products e.g. milk, yogurt, cream and ice cream.
With 70% of the world's population unable to tolerate lactose, it's hardly surprising that the trend towards healthier food has brought a growing demand for lactose-free dairy products.
The technical barriers of lactase are relatively not high, resulting in numerous manufacturing enterprises. In the market, there are some relatively large enterprises, such as DSM, Novozymes, DuPont, Chr. Hansen Holding, Amano Enzyme, Enzyme Development, SternEnzym, and Specialty Enzymes & Biotechnologies. These companies mainly concentrate in Europe. Europe is the largest producer, more than 60% of total production in 2016. However, China enterprises have rather small production because of technology and equipment, especially in neutral lactase market. Every year, China import amount of neutral lactase to meet the needs of local dairy products companies.
In the past few years, the price of lactase has decreased and we expect the price will slightly lower. However, the improvement of energy, transportation costs, employee wages, and equipment depreciation will play a significant role in promoting the cost of lactase.
As the same time, companies are focusing on technological innovation, equipment upgrades, and process improvements, to reduce costs and improve quality. With the snatch for market share in emerging regions, the competition in lactase industry will become more intense.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Lactase will register a 4.6% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 1080 million by 2023, from US$ 830 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Lactase market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Neutral Lactase
- Acid Lactase
Segmentation by application:
- Food Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Chr. Hansen Holding
- Amano Enzyme
- Enzyme Development
- Specialty Enzymes & Biotechnologies
- Enzyme Solutions
- Advanced Enzymes
- Zhongnuo BioTech
- Enze Bio
- Meihua BioTech
- Kono Chem
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Lactase consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Lactase market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Lactase manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Lactase with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Lactase submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.