For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information studies the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) market for 2018-2023.
This report studies the Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) market. A lab-on-a-chip (LOC) is a device that integrates one or several laboratory functions on a single integrated circuit (commonly called a "chip") of only millimeters to a few square centimeters to achieve automation and high-throughput screening. LOCs can handle extremely small fluid volumes down to less than pico-liters. Lab-on-a-chip devices are a subset of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) devices and sometimes called "micro total analysis systems" (µTAS). LOCs may use microfluidics, the physics, manipulation and study of minute amounts of fluids. However, strictly regarded "lab-on-a-chip" indicates generally the scaling of single or multiple lab processes down to chip-format, whereas "µTAS" is dedicated to the integration of the total sequence of lab processes to perform chemical analysis. The term "lab-on-a-chip" was introduced when it turned out that µTAS technologies were applicable for more than only analysis purposes.
United States has the largest global sales quantity and manufacturers in Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) market, while the Europe is the second sales volume market for Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) in 2017.
In the industry, Danaher profits most in 2017 and recent years, while Thermo Fisher Scientific and Roche ranked 2 and 3.The market share of them is 22.87%, 18.74% and 11.89% in 2017.The gap of market share is keep on enlarged due to different strategy.
Nowadays, there are three mainly types of Lab-on-a-chip (LOC), including Reagents & Consumables, Software & Services and Instruments. And Instruments is the main type for Lab-on-a-chip (LOC), and the Instruments reached a sales volume of approximately 2532.83 M USD in 2017, with 58.95% of global sales volume.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) will register a 10.7% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 7890 million by 2023, from US$ 4300 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares and growth opportunities of Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) market by product type, application, key companies and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Reagents & Consumables
- Software & Services
Segmentation by application:
- Genomics and Proteomics
- Drug Discovery
We can also provide the customized separate regional or country-level reports, for the following regions:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major players in the market. The key players covered in this report:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Becton, Dickinson
- Agilent Technologies
- IDEX Corporation
- Fluidigm Corporation
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key players and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) market size by key regions/countries, product type and application.
- To understand the structure of Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) players, to define, describe and analyze the value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the size of Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.