For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Iodine market for 2018-2023.
Iodine is, as a commercial product, solid and heavy like metal and has black-purple luster. It easily sublimates at the room temperature and has a peculiar odor.
Iodine is widely used in food, medicine, industry, agriculture, national defense, and many other cutting-edge technology industries.
In food industry-Iodine is used in the synthesis of sodium iodide, potassium iodate and other food additives, potassium iodate is widely used in iodized salt for eliminating of iodine deficiency disorders.
In pharmaceutical industryIodine is used for making the iodine preparation, the bactericide, the disinfectant, the deodorant, the analgesic, etc. such as tincture of iodine and used in the synthesis of potassium iodide, sodium iodide, iodine solution, iodinated oil; in addition, it has a special resistance to radioactive elements, synthesis of iodized oil can be used in X optical contrast agent.
In other industry--In chemistry, metallurgy industry, iodine and iodide are good catalyzer in many chemical reaction; in agricultural industry iodine is one of the important raw materials to make pesticides and used as fungicides, such as 4-4-IODOPHENOXYACETIC acid; in the dye industry, it's used in the synthesis of organic dye material; in the lighting industry, it's used for the production of making iodine-tungsten lamp, lamp with shade.
The global average price of Iodine is in the decreasing trend, from 35.28 USD/Kg in 2013 to 20.07 USD/Kg in 2017. With the situation of global economy, prices will be stable in the following years.
And base on the output of the Iodines, the classification of Iodine includes Saltpeter Minera Iodine, Underground Brine Iodine and Seaweed Iodine. And the proportion of Saltpeter Minera Iodine in 2017 is about 62%, and the proportion is in decreasing trend from 2013 to 2017.
Europe is the largest consumption place, with a consumption market share nearly 37% in 2017. Following Europe, Asia-Pacific is the second largest consumption place with the consumption market share of 29%.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Iodine will register a 3.6% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 1000 million by 2023, from US$ 810 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Iodine market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Saltpeter Minera Iodine
- Underground Brine Iodine
- Seaweed Iodine
Segmentation by application:
- X-ray Contrast Media
- Iodophors and PVP-I
- LCD Screens
- Animal Nutrition
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Ise Chemicals
- Algorta Norte S.A.
- Godo Shigen
- Nippoh Chemicals
- RB Energy
- Toho Earthtech
- Gather Great Ocean
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Iodine consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Iodine market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Iodine manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Iodine with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Iodine submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.