For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Hydrocephalus Shunts market for 2018-2023.
CSF diversion devices or shunts have been used successfully and have become the primary therapy for hydrocephalus treatment for nearly 60 years.
An implanted shunt diverts CSF from the ventricles within the brain or the subarachnoid spaces around the brain and spinal cord to another body region where it will be absorbed.
Shunts typically consist of three major components:
An inflow (proximal or closer to the inflow site) catheter, which drains CSF from the ventricles or the subarachnoid space; this tube leaves the brain through a small hole in the skull and then runs for a short distance under the skin.
A valve mechanism, which regulates differential pressure or controls flow through the shunt tubing; this device is connected to the proximal catheter and lies between the skin and the skull, usually on top of the head or just behind the ear.
An outflow (distal or farther away from the inflow site) catheter, which runs under the skin and directs CSF from the valve to the abdominal (or peritoneal) cavity, heart or other suitable drainage site
Other shunt components may include reservoirs and/or chambers for CSF sampling or injecting medications or dyes, on/off devices, anti-siphon or other flow-compensating devices, or auxiliary catheters to modify performance or adapt the basic system to the patient's specialized needs. In selected cases (such as when cysts or subarachnoid fluid collections are drained), a shunt may not contain a valve or a very low resistance valve may be used.
Puerto Rico is the largest supplier of Hydrocephalus Shunts, with a production market share nearly 42.88%. Massachusetts is the second largest supplier of Hydrocephalus Shunts, enjoying production market share nearly 36.49%.
South is the largest consumption place, with a consumption market share nearly 37.61%. Following South region west is the second largest consumption place with the consumption market share of 23.55%.
Market competition is intense. Medtronic, Johnson & Johnson, Integra LifeSciences are the leaders of in the USA industry, and they hold key technologies and patents, with high-end customers, have been formed in the monopoly position in the industry.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Hydrocephalus Shunts will register a 9.3% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 120 million by 2023, from US$ 72 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Hydrocephalus Shunts market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Adjustable Valves
- Monopressure Valves
Segmentation by application:
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Integra LifeSciences
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Hydrocephalus Shunts consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Hydrocephalus Shunts market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Hydrocephalus Shunts manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Hydrocephalus Shunts with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Hydrocephalus Shunts submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.