For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Chip On Flex (COF) market for 2018-2023.
Chip-on-Flex, or COF, refers to the semiconductor assembly technology wherein the microchip or die is directly mounted on and electrically connected to a flexible circuit (a circuit built on a flexible substrate instead of the usual printed circuit board). Thus, in a COF assembly, the microchip doesn't have to go through all the traditional assembly steps required for individual IC packaging. This simplifies the over-all process of designing and manufacturing the final product while improving its performance as a result of the shorter interconnection paths.
COF is the role of product through the flexible substrate and connected to on-chip liquid crystal panel, the liquid crystal panel and the control chip driver current, voltage, thus changing the state of the liquid crystal display different screens. Currently, COF products are widely used in LCD TVs, smart 3G phones and laptop computers and other products with LCD display driver.
Driven by a growing range of applications in the automotive, industrial, military, aerospace, computer, telecommunication, consumer electronics, and medical electronics industries, miniaturization and the use of flex circuits continue to be of prime interest to electronics manufacturers.
In China, COF manufactures mainly include Danbond Technology, AKM Industrial, Compass Technology Company and others. China is the world's third producer of COF and the world's biggest consumption market.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Chip On Flex (COF) will register a 4.4% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 1850 million by 2023, from US$ 1490 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Chip On Flex (COF) market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Single sided COF
Segmentation by application:
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Chipbond Technology
- Danbond Technology
- AKM Industrial
- Compass Technology Company
- STARS Microelectronics
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Chip On Flex (COF) consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Chip On Flex (COF) market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Chip On Flex (COF) manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Chip On Flex (COF) with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Chip On Flex (COF) submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.