For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Bone Anchored Hearing Aids market for 2018-2023.
A bone-anchored hearing aid (BAHA) is a surgically implanted device designed to treat hearing loss by transmitting the sounds it receives through direct bone conduction to the nerve fibers of the inner ear. The device consists of an externally worn receiver and sound processor, which resembles a standard behind-the-ear hearing aid, and an external abutment that vibrates a titanium implant. The hearing aid is operational once the titanium fixture bonds with the surrounding tissue (osseointegration). This process usually takes two to six months from when the device has been implanted. Patients with conductive and mixed hearing loss are the primary candidates for bone-anchored hearing aids; this includes patients with chronic inflammation or infection of the ear canal which prevents the use of standard hearing aids, patients with conditions which have led to malformation of the ear canal, patients with single-sided deafness, patients with a bilateral conductive loss due to ossicular disease and patients who have malformed or absent outer ear and ear canals.
Growth in the prevalence of hearing loss amongst the pediatric and geriatric population is the major factor that drives the BAHA market. Furthermore, increase in demand for customized hearing devices and increase in technological advancements such as aesthetic hearing aids are anticipated to propel the market growth. However, presence of substitutes, such as hearing aids, cochlear implants, auditory brain stem implants, & vibrant soundbridge, and lack of standardization evaluation tools for BAHA, stringent government regulations related to the safety and efficacy of bone anchored hearing aids hinder the market growth. In addition, side effects associated with BAHA such as failure of osseointegration, chronic infection, skin irritation, and others are anticipated to hamper the BAHA market. Ongoing R&D activities related to BAHA are anticipated to present new opportunities for the market.
EMEA accounted for about 44% of the total share of the market and dominated the bone anchored hearing aids market during 2015. The presence of major vendors in this region, better reimbursement policies, and the availability of free hearing aids to affected individuals are major factors that will drive the growth of the market in this region.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Bone Anchored Hearing Aids will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Bone Anchored Hearing Aids market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- Conductive Hearing Loss
- Mixed Hearing Loss
- Single Sided Deafness
Segmentation by application:
- Titanium Alloy
- Ceramics Composites
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- William Demant
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Bone Anchored Hearing Aids consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Bone Anchored Hearing Aids market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Bone Anchored Hearing Aids manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Bone Anchored Hearing Aids with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Bone Anchored Hearing Aids submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.