For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices market for 2018-2023.
The global BGM devices market is growing due to the increase in the number of people with diabetes, especially type 1 diabetes. To avoid high doses of medication and insulin intake, these people are moving toward monitoring blood glucose levels by learning about the technicalities and the usage of BGM devices.
Global rise in the prevalence and incidence of diabetes and increasing adoption of continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems are the key factors propelling the growth of this market. In addition, continuous technological advancements in blood glucose monitoring devices and rapid growth in aging population are further stimulating the demand for blood glucose monitoring devices. However, inadequate reimbursement and high cost associated with the application of CGM systems and product recalls are some of the key factors hampering the growth of this market.
North America and Europe are anticipated to lead the global market on account of their large population plagued with diabetes, the region's rapidly increasing geriatric and obese population, and their high per capita expenditures on healthcare. The Asia Pacific market is expected to rise at a substantial rate during the forecast period ascribed to the populous nations of India and China. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at moderate growth rate over the period of forecast.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Self-Monitoring Devices
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring Devices
Segmentation by application:
- Hospitals and Diagnostic Laboratories
- Home-Care Settings
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Terumo Corporation
- Acon Laboratories
- Roche Diagnostics
- Novo Nordisk
- Abbott Laboratories
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Blood Glucose Monitoring Devices submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.