For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Bisphenol-A market for 2018-2023.
Bisphenol A (BPA) is an organic synthetic compound with the chemical formula (CH3)2C(C6H4OH)2 belonging to the group of diphenylmethane derivatives and bisphenols, with two hydroxyphenyl groups. It is a colorless solid that is soluble in organic solvents, but poorly soluble in water. BPA is a starting material for the synthesis of plastics, primarily certain polycarbonates and epoxy resins, as well as some polysulfones and certain niche materials. BPA-based plastic is clear and tough, and is made into a variety of common consumer goods, such as plastic bottles including water bottles, sports equipment, CDs, and DVDs. Epoxy resins containing BPA are used to line water pipes, as coatings on the inside of many food and beverage cans and in making thermal paper such as that used in sales receipts.
Bisphenol A is extensively used in the production of polycarbonate plastics. Polycarbonate plastics are widely used in the production of food & beverage containers, impact resistant eye glass lenses, streetlight globes, medical devices, electrical & electronic components, household appliances, automotive parts, telephones, and safety & sports helmets. Besides this, polycarbonate sheets are used in signboards, windows & window protection, roofing structures, walkways, greenhouses, and construction glazing & skylights. The increasing construction activities, and production of automotive; medical devices, tools & equipment; and containers, bottles & canned packaging for food & beverage packaging, around the world, has led to the rise in demand for polycarbonate plastics, which is driving the demand for BPA to produce polycarbonate plastics.
It is found that BPA application in the plastics used in food containers, baby toys, water bottles, etc. can cause health hazards to babies, as well as adults. The studies revealed that use of BPA-based products in such products can cause variety of health issues, from prostate cancer & breast cancer to early puberty, decreased fertility, neurological problems, and changes immune system. With all such increasing concerns among the consumers, the demand for BPA free products has started increasing, which is likely to serve as a restraint for the market.
Asia-Pacific holds the largest share of the market and is projected to witness highest growth during the forecast period. Growing industrial applications of BPA products, primarily in countries, such as, China, India, and Japan, are expected to drive the Asia-Pacific BPA market. With the increasing investments and rapid growth in the industries, such as food & beverage, electronic devices, etc. and boom in construction activities in the region, the application of bisphenol A is expected to increase in the production of food & beverages containers, polycarbonate sheets and electronic devices, further driving the market demand during the forecast period. Besides this, North America and Europe are expected to register moderate growth, with significant applications of BPA in automotive and wind energy sectors, during the forecast period.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Bisphenol-A will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Bisphenol-A market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Epoxy Resins
- Unsaturated Polyester Resins
- Flame Retardants
- Polysulfone Resins
Segmentation by application:
- Electrical and Electronics
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Bayer Material Science
- Dow Chemical
- LG Chemical
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings
- Mitsui Chemicals
- Kumho P&B Chemicals
- SABIC Innovative Plastics
- Samyang Innochem
- Vinmar International
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Bisphenol-A consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Bisphenol-A market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Bisphenol-A manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Bisphenol-A with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Bisphenol-A submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.