For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Bio-Surfactants market for 2018-2023.
Surfactants are usually amphiphilic organic compounds containing both hydrophobic group (tail) and hydrophilic groups (head). Bio-surfactants are surfactants in which at least one of the two groups (hydrophilic or hydrophobic) is obtained from plants, and hence, they are not necessarily 100% plant-derived. Surfactants lower the surface tension of liquids, allowing chemicals to mix more easily. Biosurfactants are produced using oleochemical (bio-based) raw materials including plant oils such as coconut and palm oils, plant carbohydrates such as sorbitol, sucrose, and glucose or from animal fats such as tallow. Oleochemical feedstock sourcing for surfactants has been changing in recent years as animal fats have lost ground for vegetable oils. Like synthetic surfactants, biosurfactants are excellent emulsifiers and maintain wetting and foaming properties, characteristics that are valued in several applications including household detergents and cosmetics industry.
Increasing consumer awareness pertaining to the usage of sustainable products and rising environmental concerns towards usage of synthetic components in formulations of surfactants should stimulate biosurfactants market size. These products have increased application outlook in personal care and food processing industries owing to superior properties including high biodegradability, antifungal, antimicrobial, low toxicity and immune response. Strong application scope in household detergents, personal care products, industrial cleaners, textiles, food processing and agricultural chemicals should drive biosurfactants market growth. The product helps in minimizing the interfacial surface tension of solutions. In addition, the product has high sustainability and shelf life over the synthetic products, which will stimulate the product demand. Stringent government regulations and policies towards the usage and substitution of petrochemical based products should propel the industry growth. Asia-Pacific is majorly dominated by China, Japan, and India. China was the largest consumer of biosurfactants in 2017, and the country is likely to continue its dominance during the forecast period. Continuous growth in population is fuelling the demand for personal care, soaps, and detergents in the country, which, in turn, is augmenting biosurfactants market. Moreover, the demand for biosurfactants in soaps and detergents was high in 2017.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Bio-Surfactants will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Bio-Surfactants market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Methyl Ester Sulfonates
- Alkyl Polyglucosides
- Sorbitan Esters
- Sucrose Esters
Segmentation by application:
- Detergent and Fabric Softener
- Food Processing
- Oilfield Chemical
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Akzo Nobel
- Croda International
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Bio-Surfactants consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Bio-Surfactants market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Bio-Surfactants manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Bio-Surfactants with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Bio-Surfactants submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.