For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Bio-based Acrylic Acid market for 2018-2023.
The acrylic acid industry has seen significant change over the past two decades. With the closure of acetylene-based and acrylonitrile-based plants in the 1990s, the production of acrylic acid via two-stage propylene oxidation became the preferred and dominant method of production for acrylic acid producers, globally. Currently, licensors and technology holders of two-stage propylene oxidation technology are looking to improve their processes with new catalyst formulations, modifications to reactor design, and/or establishing operational best-practices through newly optimized parameters. The next decade, however, will give rise to a new wave of technologies - particularly, bio-based routes to acrylic acid.
Currently, only Cargill is producing bio-based acrylic acid, also it is not on industrial scale production. Owing to high production costs and technical barriers, limited companies are able to produce bio-based acrylic acid. Compared with acrylic acid, bio-based acrylic acid cost is high which result that no downstream consumers willing to purchase bio-based acrylic acid. We predict that there will be no industrial scale production in following 5 years.
Europe major manufacturers include BASF, DOW, Arkema, LG Chem and Hexion. In Europe, acrylic acid market concentration is high. Total sales share of those five suppliers is 95.24% in 2017. During them, BASF is market leader in Europe, whose sales amount is 644.9 K MT in 2017. Followed by BASF, Arkema is the second largest supplier in Europe.
Europe major consumption regions are distributed in Germany, France, Belgium, Italy, United Kingdom and Netherlands etc. Germany is the largest consumption region, which consumed 534.9 K MT in 2017. France and Belgium are separately the second and third largest consumption regions.
During past five years, Europe acrylic acid consumption increased from 1274 K MT in 2013 to 1314.2 K MT in 2017, with an average increase rate of 0.78%. Due to the increase of raw material price, acrylic acid price increased from 2017. Currently, Europe average acrylic acid price is 1318 USD/MT.
Driven by increasing downstream demand, Europe acrylic acid consumption will keep increasing. By 2024, Europe consumption will be 1591 K MT.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Bio-based Acrylic Acid will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Bio-based Acrylic Acid market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Purity (<99%)
- Purity (=99%)
Segmentation by application:
- Super Absorbent Polymers
- Polyacrylic Acid Polymers
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- LG Chem
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Bio-based Acrylic Acid consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Bio-based Acrylic Acid market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Bio-based Acrylic Acid manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Bio-based Acrylic Acid with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Bio-based Acrylic Acid submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.