For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Beta Carotene market for 2018-2023.
Beta carotene is an orange lipophilic terpenoid pigment found in plants and fruits. And it is a provitamin of vitamin A, meaning it is transformed to active vitamin A in the body. Beta carotene powder is a member of the carotenes, and it is distinguished by having beta-rings at both ends of the molecule. Beta carotene is the most common form of carotene in plants.
Beta Carotene belongs to a family of carotenoids, which are responsible for the yellow and orange colors present in a large variety of plants. It is the most commonly used carotenoid color in food and beverage applications. As to the Beta Carotene powder downstream application, food and beverage is the largest downstream market, which shares 59.43% of the consumption volume in 2016.
The production of Beta Carotene powder is through natural product extraction, chemical synthesis, microalgae extraction and fermentation method. And chemical synthesis method took up 85.44% of the total consumption volume in 2016.
Beta carotene powder production has high technology barrier and is technology intensive industry. Currently, there are many producing companies in the world beta carotene powder industry. The main market players are DSM, BASF, Allied Biotech, Chr Hansen, LYCORED, etc. Top five company production took up about 85.86% of the global market in 2016.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Beta Carotene will register a 0.2% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 510 million by 2023, from US$ 500 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Beta Carotene market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Natural Product Extraction
- Chemical Synthesis
- Fermentation Method
Segmentation by application:
- Food and Beverages
- Feed Supplement
- Cosmetic Additives
- Drug & Health Products
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Allied Bictech
- Chr Hansen
- FMC Corporation
- Zhejiang Medicine
- HJ-Rise International
- Wuhan Stars
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Beta Carotene consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Beta Carotene market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Beta Carotene manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Beta Carotene with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Beta Carotene submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.