For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Azelaic Acid market for 2018-2023.
Azelaic acid is a crystalline, opaque-white solid, soluble in hot water, alcohols, diethyl ether, and other polar solvents. The two carboxyl groups of azelaic acid limit its solubility in nonpolar solvents such as naphtha or carbon tetrachloride.
It is a 9-carbon, straight chain, saturated, dibasic acid mainly produced commercially by the ozone oxidation of oleic acid. It is chemical raw material used in the production of plastics, lubricants, electronics, pharmaceuticals & cosmetics, etc.
In 2016, the global azelaic acid consumption market is led by North America, accounting for 65% of global. China is the second-largest region-wise market, holding about 26% global share.
At present, the major manufacturers of azelaic acid are Emery Oleochemicals, Matrica, BASF, Croda Sipo and Nantong Hengxing Electronic Materials. Emery Oleochemicals is the world's largest commercial producer of azelaic acid, holding 63.94% sales market share in 2016. The present line of EMEROX® azelaic acids is the result of over 60 years of research by Emery Oleochemicals, pioneer in the commercial development of azelaic acid.
Azelaic acid downstream is wide and recently azelaic acid has acquired increasing significance in various fields of plastics, petrochemical, electronics, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and others. Globally, the azelaic acid market is mainly driven by growing demand for plastics and lubricant, holding about 70% of global azelaic acid consumption. For demand market of azelaic acid, there is also a certain space in the next few years and USA is the largest consumption region.
According to our research and analysis, Emery Oleochemicals is the major leaders in the international market of azelaic acid. Manufacturers from China are immature in technology. There is large space in the China market. The demand of China's azelaic acid market is mainly from two aspects, one is production of domestic small medium enterprises, and another is relying on imports.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Azelaic Acid will register a 3.4% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 160 million by 2023, from US$ 130 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Azelaic Acid market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Industrial Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
Segmentation by application:
- Pharmaceuticals & Cosmetics
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Emery Oleochemicals
- Matrica SpA
- Croda Sipo
- Ninghai Zhonglong
- Jiangsu Senxuan
- Nantong Hengxing Electronic Materials
- Shandong Clearwill
- Hubei Tuochu
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Azelaic Acid consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Azelaic Acid market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Azelaic Acid manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Azelaic Acid with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Azelaic Acid submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.