For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Armor Materials market for 2018-2023.
Armor materials refer to the materials which are used to strengthen and upgrade the armor. These armor materials are used in various armors such as helmet, vest, vehicle and others. Several global armor material manufacturers are developing and manufacturing light weight and durable armor materials. These lightweight armor systems are more effective in complex situations.
Growing demand for motherland security, technological advancement of weapons, rising security issues and growing terrorism activities across the world are some of the key factors favouring the market growth. However, huge costs of manufacturing and strict government rules are hampering the market.
Ceramic materials have been used successfully in personal armor systems to defeat small-arms threats. They are preferred for personal armor systems because they are lighter than more traditional armor made of metallic alloys. Ceramic armor can be used to protect vehicles as well as individual personnel. Ceramics are known to be some of the hardest materials, and unlike materials such as Kevlar ceramics break the bullet. The strongest and lightest ceramic is boron carbide. The commercially manufactured ceramics for armor include materials such as boron carbide, aluminium oxide, silicon carbide, titanium boride, aluminium nitride, and synthetic diamond composite.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Armor Materials will register a 7.1% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ 13600 million by 2023, from US$ 8980 million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Armor Materials market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Metals & Alloys
- Composites Fiber
Segmentation by application:
- Civilian Armor
- Military Armor
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Du Pont
- ATI Metals
- Alcoa Corporation
- Saab AB
- Carpenter Technology
- Cerco Corp
- AGY Holding
- JPS Composite Materials
- Leeco Steel
- Waco Composites
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Armor Materials consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Armor Materials market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Armor Materials manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Armor Materials with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Armor Materials submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.