For a long time, the cure for diabetes type 1 and type 2 has relied on agonizing insulin shots for patients or insulin infusion via mechanical pumps. Regarding this, experts have been creating artificial pancreatic beta cells with the he…
In this report, LP Information covers the present scenario (with the base year being 2017) and the growth prospects of global Algae Products market for 2018-2023.
Algae products are simple plants that can range from the microscopic (microalgae), to large seaweeds (macroalgae), such as giant kelp more than one hundred feet in length.
Algae products can be grown using water resources such as brackish-, sea-, and wastewater unsuitable for cultivating agricultural crops. When using wastewater, such as municipal, animal and even some industrial runoff, they can help in its treatment and purification, while benefiting from using the nutrients present.
Algae products refer to simple plants that can range from the microscopic (microalgae), to large seaweeds (macroalgae), such as giant kelp more than one hundred feet in length. Algae products could be classified as eucheuma, laminaria japonica, gracilaria, undaria pinnatifida, porphyra and others, and mainly be applied in animal & aquaculture feed, biofuels & bioenergy, food, chemicals and others. At present, food industry is largest consumer of algae products, which occupied 33.60% market share in 2017.
The algae products industry is developing fast in last five years. The global production increased from 24580.7 K MT in 2013 to 28073.1 K MT in 2017, with the CAGR of 3.38%.
For aquaculture environment factor, this industry is distributed around coastline. As a result, China is the largest production base. As for the consumption region, China is also the largest consumer of algae products. In 2017, China consumed 11338.0 K MT algae products. Indonesia is the follower with about 20% consumption share.
The global revenue of algae products was valued at 6594.03 million USD in 2017, increase from 6387.42 million USD in 2013. Currently, as the downstream demand is rising, algae products are developing in steady growth.
Over the next five years, LPI(LP Information) projects that Algae Products will register a xx% CAGR in terms of revenue, reach US$ xx million by 2023, from US$ xx million in 2017.
This report presents a comprehensive overview, market shares, and growth opportunities of Algae Products market by product type, application, key manufacturers and key regions.
To calculate the market size, LP Information considers value and volume generated from the sales of the following segments:
Segmentation by product type:
- Laminaria Japonica
- Undaria Pinnatifida
Segmentation by application:
- Animal & Aquaculture Feed
- Biofuels & Bioenergy
This report also splits the market by region:
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Mexico
- - Brazil
- - China
- - Japan
- - Korea
- - Southeast Asia
- - India
- - Australia
- - Germany
- - France
- - UK
- - Italy
- - Russia
- - Spain
- Middle East & Africa
- - Egypt
- - South Africa
- - Israel
- - Turkey
- - GCC Countries
The report also presents the market competition landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the major vendor/manufacturers in the market. The key manufacturers covered in this report:
- Weihai Shidai Marine Biotechnology
- Shandong Lidao Oceanic Technology
- Fujian Lianjiang Tianyuan Aquatic
- Xunshan Group
- Qingdao Gather Great Ocean Algae
- Fujian Yiyuan Sea Food Company
- Fujian Huangqiwan Sea Food Biotechnology
- Rongcheng Lidao Chenfenzhuang Hongqiang Kelp Factory
- Rongcheng Lidao Chenfenzhuang Weijian Kelp Factory
- Rongcheng Yandunjiao Aquatic Company
- Shandong Gaolv Aquatic Company
- Shandong Haizhibao Technology
- Karagen Indonesia
In addition, this report discusses the key drivers influencing market growth, opportunities, the challenges and the risks faced by key manufacturers and the market as a whole. It also analyzes key emerging trends and their impact on present and future development.
- To study and analyze the global Algae Products consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2023.
- To understand the structure of Algae Products market by identifying its various subsegments.
- Focuses on the key global Algae Products manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
- To analyze the Algae Products with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
- To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
- To project the consumption of Algae Products submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.